At this time of year, there's nothing better than coming home at the end a long, busy day and chilling out in the garden with a good book and a cold refreshing drink. Over the next few weeks, we're going to be sharing some of our favourite summer drink recipes with you, all using things you'll find in our book and gift boxes.
So go grab that book, pour yourself a long cold glass of your favourite summer thirst-quencher and find a secluded shady spot to relax, read and enjoy a little summertime bookish downtime!
Maple Iced Latte
Ingredients (one serving)
- 1-2 espresso shots
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 200ml milk
- Ice cubes
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
- Pour maple syrup into the bottom of a tall glass or mug.
- Add espresso and stir. We're caffeine fiends and like 2 shots of espresso, but adjust to suit your own preferred strength.
- Fill glass to the brim with ice cubes.
- Using a hand-frother, whisk milk until frothy. Whole milk or oat milk will froth easiest, though we actually prefer to use almond milk.
- Pour frothed milk over your ice-cubes, using a spoon if necessary to get all that lovely frothy goodness on the top of your glass.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings to decorate.
- Enjoy with a good book!
Like this recipe idea? Snap, share and tag us so we can see your refreshing summer reads!